Saturday, October 11, 2008

B'day Wish

So here's what I asked for my b'day this year:

My b'day is less than 2 months away (Oct 7th) and I wanted to do something different to celebrate. I hope you'll be a part of this experiment. I don't want any physical gifts for my b'day but you can "gift" me in one of the following ways:
  1. Donate to one (or more if you want) of the following organizations:
    • Heifer (donate an animal to a family in need who'll donate the first born to another family)
    • Kiva.org (fund an entrepreneur in a developing country)
    • Mokugift.com (plant a tree)
    • giftofvision.org (give the gift of vision to people in India: $30 funds a cataract operation)
    • charitywater.org (provides clean drinking water to people in need)
  2. Donate your time by helping build a house through your local Habitat for Humanity chapter
  3. Do at least 2 random acts of kindness (per person - not family) and send me the story before Oct 7th. You can get inspiration from helpothers.org
Here's the current tally:



Random Acts of Kindness: 5
Total amount Donated: $1470

Thanks again to everyone who's been so generous. I really appreciate it.
If you haven't emailed me what you've done for my b'day, its not up there except the confirmations that I've gotten from the websites you donated at.

No comments: